Saturday 1 May 2010

Stepping off

Hi! Welcome to Ward Walks London. This is my first ever post, and I'll be using it to tell you all about the challenge I'll be undertaking one year from now.

On Sunday the 1st May 2011, I will be embarking on an attempt to walk the entirity of the London Capital Ring in 24 hours or less. The Capital Ring is a circular route that runs 78 miles around London, winding through parks and roads, starting and finishing at Woolwich.

I will be walking to raise funds for the June Hancock Mesothelioma Research fund, in memory of my father who died from the disease in 2006.

This blog is my tool to document the year ahead - the training, the planning and, I suspect, the inevitable injuries. I have no doubt that this is going to be the toughest challenge of my life, but I am absolutely relishing the thought of it. I hope you can stay with me on this long journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment